I had the best of intentions when working on this piece. I took pictures at every step and planned to explain the process.
When I finished it I took one last set of pictures, plus pictures to go with my blog post that day. My camera took pictures like normal and displayed them in the preview screen. When I tried to download them to my computer, there was nothing saved.
My camera finally died. I had to retake the pictures with my husband’s camera. Unfortunately, all those step-by-step pictures hadn’t saved either. The camera had played a cruel little joke.
I used several metallic paints on this and the method described in the More Complicated Stencils lesson (see sidebar). I also used gutta resist to make the curvy line. The flower designs came from EQ6.
I sponged the fabric around the flowers to give a more antique look. The base fabric is cream with scattered slightly darker areas. The finished quilt is 5 x 7 inches.
The group is having too much fun with this challenge. I can’t wait to see what comes out of the next round.