Saturday I’m taking an all-day class with Lenore Crawford. We have our choice of three different patterns to use to learn her technique. I chose the Yellow Poppies pattern (scroll down the page to see it).
I picked out all my fabrics except the background. The background piece measures 20” x 25”, so I needed something bigger than a half yard.
I looked for what felt like forever, but I couldn’t find a large enough cut of suitable fabric in my stash. After buying 11 yards of fabric last week, I didn’t want to shop for more.
When all else fails, paint what you need. It’s starting to feel like the new theme for the year.
So I started painting and this is what came out.
Two shades of blue sponged and brushed with a toothbrush over a base of the two blues, purple and lime green.