Mouse Ear Flower

This morning I whipped up the flower made from the mouse ear pattern.  I cut the pattern down a bit because I wanted smaller petals.

           3D flower #3

 

I used more wire this time, a double ring that filled the inside of each petal.  That feels about right.  Next time I’ll add a small piece of batting inside each petal because the wider petals need more structure than the wire provides.  The thinner petals on the last flower were OK without it. 

 

Going forward I’ll probably switch to batiks and other tight weave fabrics so I don’t have to deal with as many loose threads on the raw edges.

Every new flower/animal teaches me something.  I’ll still having a blast with this, and I’m working on quilt ideas to use what I’m making.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 3d. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s