I finished binding the last butterfly block, cut out the background quilt front and back, and got the whole thing basted. Of the two thread colors I’m auditioning, I’m favoring the pink. I’m still working on the quilting design.
I put the butterflies on top of the background to give a rough idea of how it will look when finished.
I consider the fabric in the butterfly blocks busted, so here are my updated numbers. Once I quilt the background, I’ll bust the rest. Not a stellar year for stashbusting here, but next year should be better because I’m finishing some of my UFOs.
Total Added YTD: 19.375
Total Busted YTD: 10.875
Net Added: 8.5 yds