I got busy this week and forgot to post a picture of my fifth UFO finish this year.
This quilt was a challenge with a friend. We each picked a quilting magazine and chose the quilt we liked the least in the issue. Then we each picked a fabric we weren’t comfortable working with and used it to make the quilt.
I based my quilt on a pattern by Marti Michell from a 1995 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.
It amazing to me how the two quilts look totally different. I made a lot of changes to the pattern size, but it was the changes in color placement that created the different look.
I really like the finished quilt. I may do this again because it’s such a great design exercise.