I’ve been looking forward to going to quilt guild all week just to have some fun and get away from the day job and housework. I almost didn’t go because monster boy looked so bad when he woke up. I decided to go to the meeting, and then check back home before committing to stay for the class afterward. By the time I called he was doing better.
The class taught a quilt pattern that goes together quickly, has no matching seams, and finishes the perfect size for the guild’s charity project. Here are the strips I took to class.
Here are some of the blocks made from the strips.
Knowing what I know now, I would have chosen different fabrics. I thought we were all going to make blocks and pool them together, but that’s not how it worked out. I guess I’ll be making at least one top from these blocks, maybe two. I haven’t decided if the lighter ones should be in a different top or if they’ll work with the others.
Now that I know how much fabric it takes to make a full top and that the pattern is fat quarter friendly, I’ll have to go back through the stash. We were told to bring a specific number of strips to class, but not how many strips it took to make the whole quilt. It was a live and learn kind of experience.
It’s all good though. You can never make too many charity quilts.