A new year, a new approach.
After tossing around ideas, I decided on specific content for the monthly Short List. Each list will contain four items:
1. Something old – UFO
2. Something new – Might be a pattern or one of my own ideas.
3. Something painted, as I play with ideas from the watercolor book.
4. And something playful, as I work through Quilter’s Playtime.
I don’t expect to finish four projects a month. As if. I expect to work on two or three of them.
I finished very few UFOs the past couple years. I added more than a few, making the list way longer than I ever wanted it.
To add insult, the temperature dropped to the low teens and I had everything from one UFO bin spread out in the sewing room last night because condensation set it. Nothing like wet patterns, quilt tops and fabric to make the season bright. I didn’t even have the lid on it. I think someone is trying to tell me something.
So here goes the January list.
1. Retro Charm – I’m finishing this one so I can stop posting about it.
2. Sunflower by Zebra – A friend asked me to make this for him almost two years ago. I keep procrastinating because I don’t like the quilt, but I think a color change would improve my attitude. It’s small (14 x 22) so I think I can tough it out.
3. The painting technique for January is layering color, which may involve some masking. However, I reserve the right to switch to painting fabrics for the Sunflower quilt.
4. The first Playtime method is called “Hopscotch”. Think of little blocks of fabric sewn into little logs of fabric with funky angles on both the logs and the blocks. I can’t even see my comfort zone from here.
I’ll give this a try for a few months and see what happens. Should be fun!