Applique-ing The Stash

It was a busy quilting week here.
I finished the batik challenge, picture in the last post. I never did count the fabric in, which makes it 1/8 yard in and ¼ yard out.
I also finished watching the Craftsy class on hand appliqué with Mimi Dietrich. Now I’m going back through to make some notes as I prep the blocks. More on that quilt in a future post.
I made myself an appliqué pillow for another ¼ yard and two bags of batting scraps out. I tried using a regular throw pillow but found the size too awkward to handle. This pillow is more the size of a travel pillow. Using up the batting scraps freed up much needed drawer space.

Looks like this year I’ll keep positive numbers the hard way, one small bust at a time.
I’m linking to Patchwork Times.
Fabric In: 3.8 yards
Fabric Out: 7.4 yards
Net Fabric Used: 3.625 yards

This entry was posted in antique, challenge, stashbusting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Applique-ing The Stash

  1. Every little bit helps! Though it sure takes a long time for all those little bits to add up.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s