One of the items on the December Short List is to play with rectangular four patch blocks based on sketches I made several years ago. I started out cutting some rectangles and sewing together enough blocks to experiment with a layout.
From there I went to EQ6 to work out the pattern. I came up with something I liked and figured out how many rectangles I needed. I finished cutting those today.
Cutting would have gone faster if I wasn’t going for the scrappy look. The sewing would go faster too because I could have used strip sets. I can see this quilt in many different color ways. It may be one of those patterns I use over and over for charity quilts or quick gifts.
I’ll reveal the pattern in the finished quilt top later this month.
I’m linking to Whoop Whoop Friday for getting test blocks made, drafting a pattern and kitting it up all in one week. That has to be a personal best for me.