No fabric used or added this week. I may have to sew up something small just to have usage to report.
I started quilting the quilt with circles on it, which I have renamed Bouncing Bubbles. I’m using decorative stitches despite the time it adds to the process. So far, so good.
I also started sewing the tumbler blocks together that I picked up off the charity table at guild. Another member created the kit using one of the die cut machines (don’t remember which brand). It’s clear that cutting the dog ears off the ends of the tumblers makes sewing these together a breeze. Good thing to know when looking for a template.
The tumblers weren’t on my Short List for this month, but I needed mindless sewing just to run my machines. Our house is cool and damp, a result of living in an area that is naturally a swamp, and if I don’t run my sewing machines frequently I end up with tension problems. Once they run a while the problems disappear. I use one of my machines for piecing and the other for quilting, so one always sits idle. I figure the tumbler quilt will keep both machines running properly and result in a charity top. There’s no downside here.
I’m linking to Patchwork Times.
Fabric In: 0
Fabric out: 0
Net Fabric used: 0