Today is check in day for month one of the scrap challenge over at Confessions Of A Fabric Addict.
My March goal was to get my scraps into attractive and sturdy containers that fit on the scrap shelf. I thought I had most of them gathered, but I thought wrong. I found many more than I thought I had. Aside from the one gift box, I’m happy with my storage system. I had so many blue scraps the gift box was the only thing big enough to hold them.
I ended up with a container each for batting scraps, greens, neutrals, reds/pinks, blues, 1930s prints, yellows/browns/oranges, batiks/florals/blacks, purples, partial blocks and leftover binding pieces. I also have a bag of pieces too small for me to use. Once I fill it I will leave it on the free table at guild.
Now that my scraps are in one place I find that’s the first place I go when I need small fabric pieces. More than anything, this project has made the biggest difference in the organization of my sewing room. All my bins and shelves are so much neater.