The stash report is a bit of a lost cause this year, but I say that with a smile. No sense taking something that should be fun too seriously.
I had a chunk of fabric out for the tumbler quilt. The tumblers themselves came from the guild charity quilt fabric table, but I added the sashing, binding and back.
I didn’t buy any fabric this week, even though I was at a quilt shop. I was tempted by a bundle of polka dot fat eighths, but I couldn’t think of where to use such small pieces. I could have figured something out no doubt. I decided my energy is better spent figuring out how to use what I already have.
A friend did gift me some muslin fabric strips that closely match what’s in the cat blocks, so a small add there.
The muslin was 60” wide, but I still counted it by the cut, which was just over a half yard. On the vintage fabrics, I also counted by the cut even though they were only 35” wide. If I used those fabrics in a pattern that called for a yard of fabric, I would need closer to a yard and a half because of the narrower width.
I could have converted it all to 45” fabric and made the numbers look better, but I chose to spend the time sewing instead of doing all that math. I rarely buy fabric that isn’t the standard width, but this year seems to be the exception.
I’m linking to Patchwork Times.
Fabric In: 94.9 yards
Fabric out: 13 yards
Net Fabric ADDED: 81.9 yards
Yarn In: 21 yards
Yarn Out: 400 yds
Net Yarn OUT: 379 yds