No fabric in this week.
We did some reorganization in my son’s room yesterday that forced me to sort through all my non-quilting fabric and some of the older quilting fabrics. That room was originally my sewing room, but we switched several years ago. I went into a smaller bedroom, which means all my sewing stuff did not go with me. If he ever moves out, I will reclaim that room.
Some fabric went into a donation bag and some into the scrap fabric recycle bag. I like the recycle option for non-cotton scraps. I just recently found donation sites near me. I believe they’ve recycled fabric in Europe for decades. A shame it took so long to catch on here.
I’m sure more fabrics can go, but I needed to get to other things and had to stop. That will be a project for another day.
I also finished up the log cabin blocks.
A rectangular quilt will work better for the end use, so I may add another row down the side once I sew it together.
I’m linking to Patchwork Times.
Fabric In: 116 yards
Fabric out: 22 7/8 yards
Net Fabric ADDED: 93 1/8 yards
Reorganization is the pits!
Reorganization is always the pits, but it will be nice to have a better idea of what you have and get rid of what you will not use.