Wonky Nines

I finally got into the sewing room and made some liberated nine patch blocks for the second Stitching To Dye piece.

wonky-ninesI used more of a stash and slash method than the true Gwen Marston method. Don’t know that I will make all the blocks this way, but a girl has to start somewhere.

The blocks will finish at 6 inches. The uneven patches make them look bigger. The next ones will have smaller centers and bigger outer blocks, just to see how that looks.

I figured out right away that the seams wouldn’t line up and didn’t bother trying. Sewing goes so much faster when you don’t pin or match seams!

Sure wish I’d tried this years ago.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in artquilts, dyeing, scrapquilts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s