Monthly Archives: September 2019

Sunday Stash September 29, 2019

No fabric in or out this week. The Holly Runner top is finished and basted. This project is my September OMG. My focus is to finish it by the end of the month. Fabric Added: 58.2 Fabric Used: 18.125 yards … Continue reading

Posted in applique, holidays, OMG, stashbusting | Tagged , , , | 4 Comments

Teacup Challenge Prep

My Needle Arts Guild has a teacup challenge starting in October. My teacup has roses on it, and it made sense to paint roses to go in the project. I’ve neglected my paints way too long. Surface design is my … Continue reading

Posted in challenge, fabricpainting | Tagged , | 2 Comments

Sunday Stash September 22, 2019

The year of batiks continues. I took recyclable scraps to the Guild meeting for a little out. At the thrift I picked up a small bag of neutral batik. Those bags always have more in them than you think, 2.75 … Continue reading

Posted in patterns, stashbusting | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

Something Extra

This week is all about the Holly Runner. Here’s a close up of the decorative stitching on the edge of the framing strips. The strips are fused to the top. The background squares are pieced. A zigzag stitch secured the … Continue reading

Posted in applique, holidays | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

Sunday Stash September 15, 2019

No change in the numbers this week. I visited a quilt shop while traveling but didn’t buy anything. Nothing jumped out and begged me to take it home. The runner is pieced and the frame sewn down. The decorative stitching … Continue reading

Posted in applique, holidays, stashbusting | 2 Comments

Penguin Progress

I’m traveling again this week, which means hand work only. I could have brought my sewing machine, but that is often more bother than it’s worth. The hand work project needed attention anyway. I added to the penguin on the … Continue reading

Posted in cross stitch | Tagged | 2 Comments

Sunday Stash September 8, 2019

No fabric in this week. I finished the 9 patch quilt for 8 yards out. That really helped the numbers! It would pick up animal hair if I laid it on the floor and already washed it. Nothing changed except … Continue reading

Posted in charityquilts, stashbusting | Tagged , | 2 Comments