Teacup Challenge Prep

My Needle Arts Guild has a teacup challenge starting in October. My teacup has roses on it, and it made sense to paint roses to go in the project.
painted rosesI’ve neglected my paints way too long. Surface design is my first love and I don’t do nearly enough of it. I named this blog QuiltPaintCreate because of my love of fabric painting. Back in the early days I painted a lot. Then life got in the way and pushed everything creative aside. Moving back to that creative place hasn’t been a priority, but now it’s time.
This is the first project to help me get back in the groove. The paint bled on some of the leaves, but after that I used a drier brush. The pink is red paint mixed with white. I also added white to the green because it was too dark. The rose design came out of an embroidery book.
I’m looking forward to this challenge. It’s unusual, small, and a basically a blank canvas. What’s not to like?

This entry was posted in challenge, fabricpainting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Teacup Challenge Prep

  1. Laura says:

    This sounds like a fun challenge. I am glad that you are rediscovering your creative muse! 🙂

  2. dezertsuz says:

    It sounds like a great challenge. I actually like the softness the bleeding lends to the piece.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s