I thought I’d share my progress on the Victoria Findlay Wolfe sew along. I had the pieces cut ahead, and all the sewing happened on Sunday. The top isn’t finished, but I made more progress than I expected.
The strips are woven together rather than the typical method of cutting off the edges and sewing a straight seam. I’ll wait to review the technique until after I finish the top.
I thought sewing the two sections together would be the hardest part, but it’s easier than piecing the sections. It’s also a lot larger than I expected and way too big for a pillow.
It was fun to try something completely different from what I’d normally make. I checked the book out of the library and need to finish the quilt before I run out of renewals.