It took some effort, but I finished the sew-in piece using the Victoria Findlay Wolfe technique. It decided it wanted to be a pillow after all.
The front and the back are different.
The technique isn’t as hard as it looks, but all the partial seams make it a bit fussy. I don’t see myself doing it again, but it stitched up fairly fast. I enjoyed making it and am pleased with the finished project.
I used all my batting scraps to stuff it, which cleared valuable shelf space in the sewing room. That was the best part of the project! If only I could use up my fabric scraps as fast. The entire top came out of the scrap bins and didn’t even make a dent.
I’m linking to the finish party at Elm Street Quilts.