No change in the numbers.
I had a first in the sewing room this week. I quilted the challenge quilt with the weaving. I hung it on the design wall to decide if it needed more quilting and realized it was awful. Took it down. Decided it couldn’t be that bad. Hung it back up. Nope. Truly awful.
The quilting design did not work with the quilt. It reminded me of an unmade bed.
That wasn’t the look I was going for.
As painful as that was, I had to keep looking at it to figure out what went wrong to come up with a different quilting plan. I eventually figured it out and ripped out 75% of the quilting and redid it.
That was my first. I have never frogged the majority of the quilting on a quilt. I have fixed small sections that went rogue but never unquilted something. Lesson learned.
The quilt should be a finish by next report.
Fabric In: 18.5 yards
Fabric out: 3.55 yards
Net Fabric In: 14.95 yards
How did you do this week?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
ugh – sounds frustrating. But, if you don’t like it – you don’t like it
It was a live and learn moment. I won’t forget that lesson anytime soon.
That’s such a not nice feeling to realize that something didn’t work. Glad you were able to fix it. Looking forward to seeing the final project.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Since it had a deadline I couldn’t just put it in time out.
Pingback: Sunday’s Summary: May 7 | Quilting Gail
Wow! I’ve ripped out quilting before and that is not fun. I’m glad you were persistent! I did pick up the book on fabric weaving to learn more about it. Not sure I’ll ever actually do it, but I so love learning new techniques! Looking forward to seeing your finish!
Ugh, that’s the worst, but I bet you will be glad you did it in the end. I spent a fair amount of time ripping out quilting today too…I guess you win some and you lose some – hoping that the end result turns out great for you!
Seems like I’ve seen a lot of posts lately about undoing. Hope whatever has us all frogging passes quickly!
Frogging most of your quilting is not fn at all. Must be something in the air. I had to unsew a quilt top three times yesterday, when I kept flipping blocks the wrong way as I was putting it together (of course it was central blocks each time) 😢
Hope you got your project worked out and can move forward again!
Thank you Donna. It’s back on track 😉