I am SO excited. I finally finished something! I put the last stitches in the binding last night.
I started this quilt about six years ago. A friend gave me a charm pack that I paired with some yardage I received through a swap in a Yahoo quilting group. I know there’s a pattern by someone, but I just cut the fabric and sewed the blocks. It worked out fine.
I played around with the quilting design for years. Then I decided to dye a back to match, which came out too dark for the quilt. I decided to discharge it, which took me until last spring. The back smelled funky after the discharge process, so I let it sit until fall.
I basted the quilt and changed the quilting design a few more times. I think I started quilting it in December. The quilting used almost two spools of thread. The quilt finished at 52” square.
I broke more flower head pins while working on this quilt than I have the rest of my quilting life. It was just one of those things.
Now my UFO list has one less item and I have one March finish on the Short List. At this rate I’ll be working on UFOs until I’m 60.
I’m linking up to Whoop Whoop Friday.